The role is to deliver excellent customer service by processing customer payment instructions from a variety of sources (including post, fax, e-mail and electronic banking) efficiently and accurately whilst adhering to operating procedures, regulatory control policies and procedures.
Overall purpose of role:
The role will cover all aspects of the Payments department including:
• Extraction and collation of all client and trade related payment instructions.
• Input and upload of payments into the relevant banking/custodian platforms.
• Review processes & procedures on an on-going basis and where appropriate update accordingly with the aim of improving customer experience and delivering best-in-class service.
• Ensure adherence to strict internal and regulatory control policies including the accurate collection & completion of all required documentation.
• Ensure proper signature approvals are consistent and in line with customer mandates.
• Ensure timely and accurate Input of accounting entries on a daily basis as required.
• Daily/regular filing as required.
• Assist Reconciliations team with the investigation of any outstanding items on all affected reconciliations.
• Process a wide range of customer payment requests, transactions and enquiries within and in an efficient and professional manner, using operating procedures, systems and controls, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Assist customers by referring unclear/incomplete instructions to our Customer Services Team so that solutions can be discussed with our customers in a timely manner.
• Participate in team-based continuous improvement activities with both the team and customer at the heart of all thinking.
• Resolve commonly seen issues without the need to refer to others and escalate more complex issues to others for assistance ensuring a great customer experience.
• Participate in training activities, complete assigned learning modules and keep up to date with internal communications to ensure ongoing awareness of changes in services, procedures and policies.
• Comply with the Company’s Code at all times and act as a role model for those around you.
• Assist with the production of monthly and quarterly management reporting.
• Perform additional duties as required.
This position would be most suitable for the following person:
• 2 years Payments experience
• 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above including English and Maths
• A good eye for detail and high level of accuracy
• Good time management and ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a team using own initiative to ensure we meet our customer needs
• Excellent communication skills
• Good PC skills with a high level of speed and accuracy in processing
• A clear sense of priority, good planning skills and ability to tackle work in an organised fashion
• High level of customer service.
• Knowledge of SWIFT and Banking Routing processes
• Motivated to improve self and working environment to the greater good of the business.
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Full-time role