We are an international financial services group, committed to delivering integrity, innovation and excellence.
We are always interested to receive enquiries from like-minded professionals who are driven and committed to delivering the highest quality of service.
Reporting to: Group CEO
Direct reports: 5
Legal entities: Group board director, possibly other subsidiary directorships
The Group Finance and Operations Director (‘GFOD’) is a new role and is designed to support the CEO in the implementation of the recently approved strategic plan. The GFOD will have ongoing responsibility for operational delivery within the group and will deputise for the CEO in his absence. The individual will be a Chartered Accountant and will have extensive experience of senior level operational leadership. Finance, HR, Premises, Operations and IT will all report into this role.
- Finance – lead the central finance department covering the investment business and the banking business (banking license expected in late 2017) in the production of management and statutory accounts. Liaise with auditors. Identify KPIs and significantly enhance the timely production of MI across the group.
- Manage the balance sheet to include capital adequacy and liquidity management as well as ongoing cash flow and funding requirements.
- Deliver robust, consistent cost allocation models across the group to provide clarity in the contribution of each business and to support the allocation of resources.
- Produce dynamic financial models to underpin the strategic plans for the business and manage their delivery.
- HR & Premises – through the Group HR Manager, ensure the people agenda is relevant, pragmatic and supportive of the dynamic, ambitious, merit-based organisational culture. Oversee the facilities management of our premises and for the Group and our tenants.
- Operations – support the Senior Operations Director in the delivery of a complex and ambitious transformation programme to give the organisation maximum automation, functionality, data excellence and scalability.
- IT – support the IT Director in the delivery of the new banking platform, the integration of acquired businesses and enhancements to our trading platform.
- Project management – in partnership with the CEO, lead the delivery of the strategic plan and other projects, taking responsibility for project management, the allocation of resources and liaison with external partners.
- “Sparring partner and co-pilot” – work closely with the CEO, in a challenging and supportive manner, to ensure alignment of the front and back offices, enabling the business with the tools it needs to deliver its ambitious strategic growth plans in the Isle of Man and South Africa.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to:
Innovation | Integrity | Excellence